This past weekend I attended an International Re-evaluation Counseling workshop for Colleagues led by Barbara Love. A number of provocative questions were raised that I intend to answer in my teaching. I have listed a few of them below.
- HOW CAN WE REINVENT UNIVERSITIES AS VEHICLES FOR LIBERATION?
- What is your vision of a rational university?
- What do you need to do to see Colleagues as liberators & colleges and universities as sites for liberation?
- What are you proud of?
Be encouraged and remember:
- history is full of students & academics leading change
- “Everything is about relationships – there’s nothing we have to learn about building & nurturing them. We were born knowing how to give and receive attention and have not forgotten, despite our hurts. This knowledge was not taken from us. It was covered and can be uncovered.” Barbara Love
We have held onto our thinking in particular ways that we get
to use to help others do the same. – Ellie Brown